This release introduces a new listings service, and contains some very important updates.
Updated Auth flow errors
This release introduces updated Auth flow errors. See Authenticating with OAuth 2.0 for more information.
Switch from Experian to TransUnion
On April 1st, 2017, Prosper switched to using TransUnion credit bureau data exclusively.
Because of this switch, we’ve improved our services by combining our search/listings and search/mylistings APIs into a single listingsvc/v2/listings API.
The switch should be fairly trivial, but with the updated listings service comes some changes in how you make calls to retrieve listings.
Note: You must switch to using a new endpoint by April 1st, 2017 to ensure you are able to retrieve listings to invest in. We are sunsetting the old listings endpoints on that date.
The <prosper_base_address> for the new listings API is https://api.prosper.com instead of https://api.prosper.com/v1
Old listings endpoints
New combined listings endpoint
We’ve added query parameters that allow you to search through active listings and invested/originated listings using the same endpoint. These parameters are described in more detail below and on the listings API page.
Other listings updates
We’ve converted the fico_score from an exact match filter to a multivalue filter:
The fico_score filter was previously an exact match filter, which required multiple calls when searching based on fico score. This update will allow you to retrieve more listings with multiple fico score filtering.
Here’s an example of how you could search for multiple fico score ranges.
GET /listingsvc/v2/listings/?biddable=true&fico_score=760-779,780-799,800-819,820-850&sort_by=fico_score desc
New query parameters to control the listings you retrieve when making calls:
- biddable=true|false – When set to true, you will retrieve active listings. When set to false, you can only retrieve listings that you own (You must set invested=true). You’ll use this query parameter in conjunction with the invested query parameter to retrieve the listings you want to view.
- invested=true|false|null – When set to true, you will retrieve listings that you have invested in. When set to false, you will exclude listings you have invested in. You’ll use this parameter in conjunction with the biddable query parameter to retrieve the listings you want to view.
New query parameter to control the credit bureau data you retrieve with each listing (if you need it):
- include_credit_bureau_values – Allows you to retrieve credit bureau data for listings.
Use judiciously, as the amount of data returned can be very large.
After March 31st, 2017, new listings will not contain Experian credit bureau data. However, you may inspect Experian credit bureau data for any listing you’ve invested in that was created prior to March 31st, 2017. Prior to January 1st, 2017, listings will not contain TransUnion credit bureau data.
- months_employed – integer. Length of employment in months.
- has_mortgage – boolean. An indication whether the borrower has an outstanding mortgage.
- decision_bureau – string. The value of this element shows which credit bureau’s underwriting data was used to generate the terms within the listing. Possible values: Experian, TransUnion
- credit_bureau_values_transunion_indexed – a set of indexed, commonly-inspected TransUnion values, most allowing range filters. This object contains the following elements:
- credit_bureau_values_transunion – An object containing TransUnion credit bureau data values. Only appears if you pass in the include_credit_bureau_values=transuion query parameter.
- credit_bureau_values_experian – An object containing Experian credit bureau data values. Only appears if you pass in the include_credit_bureau_values=experian query parameter.
Note: After March 31st, 2017, new listings will not contain Experian credit bureau data. However, you may inspect Experian credit bureau data for any listing you’ve invested in that was created prior to March 31st, 2017.
Elements no longer returned in the listings object
is_homeowner See has_mortgage above
Elements moved into the credit_bureau_values_experian object
If you relied on any of the following to make your investment decisions, please consult the elements within the credit_bureau_values_transunion_indexed object to see if there is a similar element.